UPPSC Recruitment 2018 : Syllabus For Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services Exam Pattern & Eligibility Criteria
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has advertised of Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services Examination. Here we discuss about the syllabus, Exam Pattern & Eligibility Criteria.
Exam Pattern : The Competitive examination Comprises three stages :
- Preliminary Examination (Objective & Multiple choice)
- Main Examination (Objective & Descriptive)
- Personality Test
Preliminary Examination (Objective & Multiple choice) : The Preliminary examination will consist of two compulsory papers of which answer sheet be on OMR sheets.
Paper I : General Studies-I
- Time : 2 Hours (120 Minutes) (9:30 am – 11:30 am)
- Maximum Marks : 200
- No. Of Questions : 150
Paper II : General Studies-II
- Time : 2 Hours (120 Minutes) (2:30 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Maximum Marks : 200
- No. Of Questions : 100
Main Examination : The Written Exam will Consists of the Compulsory & Optional Subjects. Shall be objective type questions and for solving the questions two hours time is allowed.
Compulsory Subjects : Candidate shall be required to obtain such minimum marks in the compulsory paper of General Hindi, as may be determined by the Government or the Commission.
- General Hindi : 150 marks
- Essay : 150 marks
- General Studies (Paper I) : 200 marks
- General Studies (Paper II) : 200 marks
Optional Subjects : There shall be Two sections in all the question papers of all Optional subjects and each section will include Four questions. Candidates are required to answer only five questions while they must select minimum. Two questions from each section.
Personality Test : The test will relate to the matter of general interest keeping the matter of academic interest in view and for general awareness, intelligence, character, expression power/personality and general suitability for the service.
Syllabus For The Preliminary Examination Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services Exam :
General Studies (Paper I) :
- Current events of national and international importance : On Current events on National and international importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
- History of India and Indian National movement : In History of India emphasis should be on broad understanding of social economic and politic. aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of the freedom movement, growth of nationalist and attainment of Independence.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World :Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India. In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected.
- Indian Polity and Governance, Constitution, Political system, Panchayati Raj & Public Policy, rights issues etc : Indian polity and Governance questions will test knowledge of country’s constitution, political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development.
- Economic and Social Development : The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between population, Environment, Urbanisation, broad features of economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
- Current Events of National and International Importance : This will also include questions on Games & Sports.
- Indian Agriculture : The candidates will be expected to have general understanding of agriculture in India,agricultural produce and its marketing.
- General Science : Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.
General Studies (Paper II) :
Elementary Mathematics up to class 10th level :
- Arithmetic : Number System, Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational & Irrational Numbers, Real Numbers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers, Average, Ratio n Proportion, Percentage, Profit n Loss, Simple & Compound Interest.
- Algebra : Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials, Remainder Theorem, Simultaneous linear equation, Quadratic Equation, Work & Time, Speed, Time & Distance.
- Geometry : Construction of theorem regarding triangle, rectangle, square and circles their Perimeter and area.
- Statistics : Collection of data, Classification of data, Frequency, Tabulation, Representation of Data, Arithmetic Mean, Median, Mode.
General English up to class 10th level :
- Active Voice and Passive Voice
- Parts of Speech
- Transformation of Sentences
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Punctuation and Spellings
- Words Meanings
- Vocabulary & usage
- Idioms and Phrases.
सामान्य हिन्दी (हाईस्कूल तक) :
- हिंदी वर्णमाला
- विराम चिंह
- शब्द रूप
- संधि- समास
- विलोम शब्द
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
Eligibility Criteria : The candidates must possess the degree of Graduation from any recognized University or Equivalent qualification.
Age Limit : 21 to 40 years