New English Words Synonyms & Antonyms For Preparing Exam 06 September 2018
1. PORTLINESS (NOUN): overweight : (मोटापन)
Synonyms: adiposity, corpulence
Antonyms: slimness, thinness
Example Sentence: They adopt surgical procedures for portliness.
2. REVAMP (ADJECTIVE): renovate: (सुधार)
Synonyms: overhaul, refurbish
Antonyms: ruin, damaged
Example Sentence: Siya revamped her dream-catcher hanging beside her bed.
3. RESPITE (NOUN): pause: (राहत)
Synonyms: breather, downtime
Antonyms: advance, continuation
Example Sentence: Sanjana gave a sudden respite amid the conversation.
4. PEDIGREE (ADJECTIVE): thoroughbred: (वंशावली)
Synonyms: full-blooded, pure-blood
Antonyms: base-born, lowly
Example Sentence: They like pedigree cats.
5. DROLL (ADJECTIVE): amusing: (मनोरंजक)
Synonyms: eccentric, whimsical
Antonyms: common, normal
Example Sentence: Shipra is a droll girl.
6. PINCH (NOUN): compression: (चुटकी)
Synonyms: confinement, contraction
Antonyms: freedom, release
Example Sentence: Daksh felt pinch beneath his hair.
7. RESORT (VERB): address: (काम मे लाना)
Synonyms: devote, exercise
Antonyms: abstain, halt
Example Sentence: The duke was prepared to resort to force if negotiation failed.
8. PARRY (VERB): avoid: (टालना)
Synonyms: deflect, evade
Antonyms: encounter, encounter
Example Sentence: Alisah parried the danger somehow.
9. REVELRY (NOUN): merrymaking: (मद्यपान का उत्सव)
Synonyms: debauchery, carousal
Antonyms: sadness, mourning
Example Sentence: Chetan is involved in revelry these days.
10. PROWESS (NOUN): ability: (क्षमता)
Synonyms: skill, aptitude
Antonyms: failure, inability
Example Sentence: Pralabh has many pieces of prowess in him.