New English Words Synonyms & Antonyms For Preparing Exam 03 September 2018
1.COMMEMORATE (VERB): recall or show respect for : (पुण्यस्मरण करना)
Synonyms: memorize, celebrate
Antonyms: ignore, neglect
Example Sentence: All players will receive a championship ring to commemorate the team’s amazing season.
2. UNRIVALLED (ADJECTIVE): never done or known before: (अभूतपूर्व)
Synonyms: bizarre, unique
Antonyms: common, familiar
Example Sentence: Before the storm, there was an unrivalled demand for food supplies that left many stores empty.
3. FLUX (NOUN): the action of flowing: (संचार)
Synonyms: alteration, flow
Antonyms: constancy, stagnation
Example Sentence: I never know how much I’ll pay for a gallon of fuel because gas prices are always in flux.
4. DISILLUSIONMENT (NOUN): disappointment from unexpected occurrence: (मोहभंग)
Synonyms: adversity, chagrin
Antonyms: achievement, pleasure
Example Sentence: There has been a sense of disillusionment on both sides about the present state of play in the relationship.
5. BLUNT (ADJECTIVE): truthful, straightforward: (स्पष्टवादी)
Synonyms: impartial, equitable
Antonyms: biased, devious
Example Sentence: Prevention from having blunt conversations is required.
6. CREVICE (NOUN): a crack: (दरार)
Synonyms: chink, fissure
Antonyms: agreement, closure
Example Sentence: The Hawksbill feeds on sponges in the reef ecosystem and opens up crevices for other marine life to live in.
7. PROSAIC (ADJECTIVE): lacking in force: (मंद)
Synonyms: blah, muted
Antonyms: bright, shiny
Example Sentence: The new product achieved prosaic sales.
8. GAZE (NOUN): a steady intent look: (टकटकी)
Synonyms: peep, glaring
Antonyms: ignorance, avoidance
Example Sentence: The policeman gave me a penetrating gaze.
9. ENTICEMENT (NOUN): the desire to do something wrong: (प्रलोभन)
Synonyms: decoy, seduction
Antonyms: hatred, prevention
Example Sentence: He was under no enticement to commit suicide.
10. ENTANGLE (VERB): cause to become twisted together : (उलझाना)
Synonyms: entrap, bewilder
Antonyms: enlighten, exclude
Example Sentence: They might entangle Austria in a war with Russia.